Occupational Health and Safety Act
The Occupational Health and Safety Act aims to provide for the health and safety of persons at work and for the health and safety of persons in connection with the activities of persons at work and to establish an advisory council for occupational health and safety.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act applies to all employers and workers, but not to –
- mines, mining areas or any mining works (as defined in the Minerals Act);
- load line ships, fishing boats, sealing boats, whaling boats (as defined in the Merchant Shipping Act) and floating cranes; whether in or out of the water; and
- people in or on these areas or vessels.
- Amended Act – Occupational Health and Safety.pdf
Explosives Workplace license : Download here
- Application form as approved inspection authority- Electrical Installation Regulations
- Application form as registered person- Electrical Installation Regulations Annexure 5.pdf
- Application form for duplicate certificate- Electrical Installation Regulations, Annexure 6
- Application form for Electrical Contractor registration – Electrical Installation Regulations Annexure 3 with banking details and addresses.pdf
- Application form for registration as an electric fence system installer- Electrical Machinery Regulation- Annexure 2.pdf
Examinations for the mechanical and electrical Engineers Certificates of competency (factories) –
- Examinations for the mechanical and electrical Engineers Certificates of competency (factories) – Information brochure
Record of qualifications and experience-Examinations for certificates of competency for Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineers
- Useful Document – OHS – Record of qualifications and experience-Examinations for certificates of competency for Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineers.pdf
Are you complying with the noise Induced Hearing Loss Regulations?
Application form for registration as a lifting machine entity
OHS – Application for an accredited person
OHS – Certificate of Competency Exam Application – Qualifications and Experience: A form requesting records of qualifications and experience as a mechanical or electrical machinery engineer.
Have Health and Safety Representatives been appointed at your workplace?A checklist of Health and Safety requirements for the workplace.
Inspections by the Department of Labour: A checklist of what Labour inspectors check when assessing whether a workplace complies with labour legislation.
Inspections in the Construction Industry: A checklist of what Labour inspectors check when assessing whether a workplace complies with labour legislation.