|Uganda High Commission
||+27 (012) 342-6031 / 2 / 3
|Uganda Tourism Board
||Tel: +256 413 42196
||+256 4143 43543 / 4
||Visas are required by SA passport holders.
For more information regarding food restrictions, passports/visa and pet travel enquiries, please contact the consulate/embassy – contact details above.
- Hepatitis A & B
- Valid passport of the driver
- Certified copy of vehicle registration papers in the name of the driver
- Letter of authority from the registered owner if the vehicle is not owned by the driver
- If vehicle is still being financed, carry a letter of authority from the bank (must include dates of travel) together with the vehicle license papers.
- Third-Party Insurance: Compulsory – obtained at border post
- Road User Fee: USD 20
- Payment for TILL: 2000 Uganda Shillings; valid for one year
- Carnet de Passage: Ugandan Customs no longer stamp Carnets. However, they issue a form called “Single Administrative Document” that must be attached to the Carnet. A clearing agent at the border post will assist with the completion of the form
- ZA Sticker:
- International Driving Permit: Recommended
||Uganda Shilling (UGX)