||Visas are not required by SA passport holders.
For more information regarding food restrictions, passports/visa and pet travel enquiries, please contact the consulate/embassy – contact details above.
||Yellow Fever Certificate
||Hepatitis A & B
- Valid passport of the driver
- Certified copy of vehicle registration papers in the name of the driver
- Letter of authority from the registered owner if the vehicle is not owned by the driver
- If vehicle is still being financed, carry a letter of authority from the bank (must include dates of travel) together with the vehicle license papers.
- Police Clearance Certificate: May be required if travelling through the Chirundu Border Post, both for vehicles and trailers
- Third-Party Insurance: Compulsory – obtained at border post
- White and Red Reflective Tape: Two small white rectangular size strips on the right and left hand side of the front bumper as well as two small red square strips on the right and left hand side of the rear bumper
- Carnet de Passage: Not compulsory. However, will facilitate border crossing. Recommended if the vehicle is to remain in Zambia for more than three months.
- Warning Triangles: Two warning triangles (do not need to be displayed); warning triangle must be on a metal plate
- White and Red T-sign:Required if towing a trailer; white must be displayed on front right hand side of trailer / caravan and red on the rear right hand side of the trailer / caravan, when looking forward
- Fire Extinguisher: Compulsory if carrying jerry cans with fuel
- ZA Sticker