||Visas are not required by SA passport holders, provided the stay does not exceed three months.
For more information regarding food restrictions, passports/visa and pet travel enquiries, please contact the consulate/embassy – contact details above.
Hepatitis A & B
- Valid passport of the driver
- Certified copy of vehicle registration papers in the name of the driver
- Letter of authority from the registered owner if the vehicle is not owned by the driver
- If vehicle is still being financed, carry a letter of authority from the bank (must include dates of travel) together with the vehicle license papers.
- Valid passport
- Original vehicle registration papers: Note that a certified copy is acceptable at the border post. Persons whose vehicles are still being financed by the bank will not have original vehicle registration papers. They would therefore use the vehicle license papers (where the renewal disk is cut out yearly), or
- Vehicle license papers: Must be accompanied with a letter from the bank giving you authorisation to take the vehicle across the border including dates. Both the bank letter and license papers should be signed by a Commissioner of Oaths
- If you are not the registered owner of the vehicle: Please carry an affidavit from the police giving you authorisation from the owner / financial institution to take the vehicle abroad
- Third-Party Insurance: Compulsory – obtained at the border post
- ZA Sticker:
- International Driving Permit: Recommended